As a visa holder in Dubai, you are not bound to remain in the country so long as you are not subjected by the law to remain for certain reasons. Cancelling a UAE visa is quite an unsophisticated process if you want to do so. In this post, you shall be guided on the necessary steps as well as the documents needed to successfully have your visa cancelled. It is expected of you to pay up all your pending debts and utility bills and also cancel all contracts you might be into and market all your properties.
Who Applies for Visa Cancellation
A sponsor or employer is the only one who is authorized to apply for a visa cancellation for you as an ex-pat. You as an ex-pat are not given the mandate by the UAE government to apply for your own visa cancellation. A sponsor is required to make all payments accruing to the employee like salary, and leave entitlements and provide an air ticket before applying for the cancellation of the visa. However, if you are a holder of an investment visa then you are allowed to apply for your visa cancellation.
Documents Required for Visa Cancellation
- UAE Visa cancellation form which should be signed by the sponsor and sealed by the company stamp
- Your passport and emirate ID
- A copy of your entry permit
- A clearance statement of all your financial liabilities
- Death certificate within the country in case of death
- Copies of your sponsor’s passport
- Cancellation of your trade license upon cancellation of the residency of partner or investor
How to Cancel UAE Visa
If a company wants to cancel a visa for an employee, the company is to apply for the cancellation of your labour card and contract at the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MOHRE). On this application, you are required to insert your signature on it as well. A positive response from the MOHRE will prompt your sponsor to apply to the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs, and Port Security (ICP) for visa cancellation.
The next is for you to generate a visa cancellation request from the General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs (GDFRA) Dubai. The procedure to follow on the GDFRA website to apply for visa cancellation is;
- Login to the GDRFA website
- Search and click on services
- Scroll down the page and click on the cancellation of residency visa option
- Click on the red start “service icon”
- Fill out the corresponding form
- Attach requested documents
- Pay the due fees
- Submit your application
You can also apply for your visa cancellation via a typing centre by walking into the nearest Amer typing centre and filling out a corresponding form. You will be requested to submit your documents, pay the necessary fees and get your application submitted.
Another way to cancel your visa is via the GDFRA smart app which you can access here.
Cancellation through the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs, and Port Security (ICP)
- Login to the ICP’s website
- Search for services and click on services for individuals
- Scroll down to the cancel residency permit option and click on it
- Click on the start service option
- Fill out the form
- Submit the required documents
- Pay due fees
- Submit your application
You can also apply through a registered ICP typing centre whose process is the same as the GDFRA typing centre procedure.
Once your visa cancellation has been granted, the Dubai government gives you a grace period to remain in the UAE before you finally leave. This depends wholly on the type of visa you are a holder of. The grace period is between a period of 60-180 days.
We provide free legal advice online in Dubai on different legal services ranging from company formation, immigration services, medical negligence, family law, and a host of others in the Middle East, Africa, Asia, and India. We assure you that we will tend to your requests professionally.
We at eLegal Consultants look forward to meeting you and are ready to have a hitch-free journey with you to actualize your dreams. Contact Us Today.