The Irish government has introduced a scheme which is the Start-up Entrepreneur Programme (STEP) which allows you as a foreigner to be able to acquire a temporary residence permit in Ireland, and even allows you to migrate with your family if your start-up project is considered a High Potential Start-Up (HPSU) venture.
For you to be eligible to apply for the Ireland startup entrepreneurship visa, you have to meet all the below-listed criteria which are;
- You will be required to submit a comprehensive business plan for the innovation start-up proposal which will be scrutinized by the Evaluation Committee. The business plan should indicate all locations for the start-up proposal (i.e. Ireland and elsewhere) and how many employees will be located in each country
- Comprehensive health insurance
Clean criminal record.
- You as an applicant must meet the required investment funds i.e. have at least €50,000 in a regulated bank for a period of 3 months before applying or secure funding of a similar amount for the business which could be from your resources, a business loan, business angel, venture capital or grant from an Irish state agency.
- Meet the requirements of an innovative business plan i.e., introduce a unique and new product or service to the international markets.
Cost and Timeline
The current Application fee for this Visa is 350. The processing time upon submission of your application at the Ireland Immigration Department/Embassy is 12-16 weeks.
To apply for the startup visa, you must ensure you have all the documents listed below available;
- Business Plan
- Original and photocopy of passport
- Two passport-size photos
- Original or Certified copy of Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
- Original or Certified copy of Birth Certificate (if applicable)
- Statement of Source of Funds
- Evidence of funds available
- Original Police Clearance Certificate
- Receipt of payment of fees
For more information on how you can obtain a startup entrepreneurship visa for Ireland, contact us today for a free consultation.